The stranger / Albert Camus ; translated from the French by Matthew Ward ; with an introduction by Peter Dunwoodie.
- ISBN: 0679420266
- ISBN: 9780679420262
- Physical Description: xxxv, 117 p. ; 22 cm.
- Publisher: New York : Knopf : 1993.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references (p. xxviii-xxix).
|Formatted Contents Note:||
Introduction -- Select bibliography -- Chronology -- Translator's note -- Stranger -- Part one -- Part two.
When a young Algerian named Meursault kills a man, his subsequent imprisonment and trial are puzzling and absurd. The apparently amoral Meursault--who puts little stock in ideas like love and God--seems to be on trial less for his murderous actions, and more for what the authorities believe is his deficient character.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Murder > Fiction.
Algeria > Fiction.
Murder > Fiction.
Search for related items by series
- 13 of 13 copies available at Bibliomation. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Killingworth Library Association.
- 0 current holds with 13 total copies.